3/1/08

Blythe Danner & Jane Alexander

Blythe Danner and Jane Alexander
I used to confuse the very talented actress Blythe Danner with the very talented actress Jane Alexander. I don't know why. I think maybe it's because they both played rather plain women who could sometimes look so utterly beautiful.
Blythe Danner
Blythe Danner
Blythe Danner
My favorite Blythe Danner role is one she did on "The More I See You" episode of M*A*S*H. I also liked her a lot in Hearts of the West (1975) and The Great Santini (1979). She's won awards for her work on Broadway. She's the mother of somebody famous, too.
__________

Jane Alexander
Jane Alexander
Jane Alexander
My favorite Jane Alexander movie is The New Centurions (1972). I also liked her in All the President's Men (1976) and Playing for Time (1980). She's won awards for her work on Broadway. She is NOT Gwyneth Paltrow's mom.
__________
Interestingly enough, both Blythe Danner and Jane Alexander got their first jobs on the revolutionary half-hour 1967-69 TV cop show N.Y.P.D., Jane in a 1969 episode called "The Night Watch" and Blythe in a 1968 episode called "Day Tripper."

No comments: